NPIS strives to bring innovative and strategic cost cutting insurance products to social services agencies whose goal is to improve the lives of the less fortunate.
Non-Profit eligible classes include but are not limited to:
- Alcohol & Drug Abuse Organizations
- Association of Retarded Citizens
- Behavior Healthcare Organizations
- Children and Family Services
- Community Action Agencies
- Crisis Intervention
- Developmental Disabilities Organizations
- Federally Qualified Health Centers
- H.U.D. Housing Assistance Organizations
- Housing Authorities
- Juvenile Justice
- Mental Health Agencies
- Rehabilitation Facilities
- Vocational Training and Rehabilitation
- Charter Schools and other government-funded nonprofits
NPIS is proud to be the program administrator for the Florida Insurance Trust (F.I.T.). The Florida Insurance Trust is the first and only trust in Florida for non-profit entities. In January 2007 Governor Crist signed into law FS624.4625 which allows two or more non-profits that receive 75% or more of their funding from state, local or federal government to pool their workers’ compensation, property, liability, professional and auto coverages for purposes of group purchasing.
By utilizing a trust arrangement, the non-profit is able to reduce insurance premium expenses without reducing any coverages. NPIS is the only program administrator in the State of Florida dedicated exclusively to working with non-profit entities.
NPIS has been the exclusive service provider since the inception of F.I.T. For more information regarding F.I.T., please contact NPIS at 888-794-7771 or (407) 936-2132.
Source: Florida Insurance Trust