#GivingTuesday has grown since the online event's humble beginnings in 2012. Since the creation of the hashtag and the accompanying online event, nonprofits and charities have been able to engage new audiences, raise money and increase awareness for their cause.
Check out these numbers associated with the online event:
- Donations Raised Online: $300,000,000
- Average Gift Size: $120.40
- Social Media Mentions: 1,010,045
- Twitter Impressions: 21.7 Billion
- Facebook: More than $45 million collected
Not bad, right? Who would have known that a hashtag could explode into millions of dollars of giving and billions of impressions? And the exciting part about it is that some of those donations and impressions could be yours!
However, don't be mistaken, #GivingTuesday is more than throwing the hashtag at the end of a tweet or FaceBook status and hoping you attract a new donor. It takes a bit of strategy and thought. If you already have a strategy in place, good for you. If you don't, avoid fretting. Luckily, there's still time to create a plan heading towards the online event.
Don't know where to start in campaign development? Let's begin with this blog post. The NPIS team understands how important your year-end campaigns are, and we don't want you to miss out on what's probably the biggest online event of the year.
(But no pressure!)
We've curated a list of resources for you to explore. Whether your #GivingTuesday strategy is already in effect or entirely nonexistent, use these pieces to shape and adjust your 2018 #GivingTuesday strategy.
And remember, don't fret. You got this.
- Donor Insights You Need to Know for Giving Tuesday
- 8 Strategies to Kick-Off Fundraising on Giving Tuesday
- How To Incorporate Giving Tuesday Into Your Year-End Fundraising Campaign
- Creating a Giving Tuesday Strategy That's Just Right